InftyReader – Minimum Requirements
InftyReader System Requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
- 1 GB (preferably more) of system memory;
- Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Note: InftyReader does not run on Windows 98, Me, or 2000.
In order for InftyReader to successfully process PDF documents or images:
- There can be no spaces in the names of files you are processing. For example, the file name: “this is a sample file.pdf” may not process correctly. Always insert characters in the spaces contained in file names. For example: ”this-is-a-sample-file.pdf“
- Characters/symbols must be crisp and clear when magnified to 600%. When viewing the characters/symbols in their magnified state(s), the edges of the characters/symbols must be smooth. There can be no pixelated (stair-step) edges.
- There can be no broken or fractured characters;
- Hard-copy, printed documents/books must be scanned at 600 Dots Per Inch (DPI). Note: Some hard-copy, printed documents/books are printed in poor quality not visible to the eye. In these instances the resulting scanned characters/symbols will not meet requirement #1. We have no control over this.
- Documents/images must be black and white (binary) only. There can be no gray-scale, or color, images or backgrounds;
- Documents/images need to have a clear white background. White is preferred. There can be no background smudges, colors, or patterns;
Please Magnify Images, before Processing them with InftyReader to Determine Whether or Not They Meet InftyReader’s
InftyReader cannot process documents/images containing any of the following:
- Combined, broken, design-based, color, or fractured characters/math symbols;
Images containing characters/math symbols with background colors, smudges, “dirt,” or patterns;
- Images containing pixelated characters/math symbols:
- Images containing characters/math symbols that are in color, gray-scale, or “off-horizontal:”
In order for InftyReader to successfully process images, the images of characters/math symbols must be crisp, clear, binary (black and white only), non-pixelated, and originally scanned at 600DPI. You can check all of these characteristics by magnifying your PDF document, or image file, to 800%. The characters/math symbols must be this clear and crisp:
- InftyReader will eliminate “noise” (smudges, pencil marks, some highlights, etc.) so long as the “noise” is minor and does not cover any of the text being scanned.
- Web-based PDF files often contain low resolution images (150-200 DPI) in order to reduce download/load times. In such cases, the recognition results will be useless.