InftyReader – Minimum Requirements
In order for InftyReader to successfully process images, the images must:
- be crisp and clear – no broken/fractured characters;
- be high resolution images, originally scanned at 600 Dots Per Inch (DPI);
- be black and white (binary) only;
- not contain background smudges, colors, or patterns;
InftyReader cannot process the following:
- Combined, broken, design-based, color, or fractured characters/math symbols;
- Images containing characters/math symbols with background colors, smudges, “dirt,” or patterns;
- Images containing pixelated characters/math symbols:
- Images containing characters/math symbols that are in color, gray-scale, or “off-horizontal:”
In order for InftyReader to successfully process images, the images of characters/math symbols must be crisp, clear, binary (black and white only), non-pixelated, and originally scanned at 600DPI. You can check all of these characteristics by magnifying your PDF document, or image file, to 800%. The characters/math symbols must be this clear and crisp:
- InftyReader will eliminate “noise” (smudges, pencil marks, some highlights, etc.) so long as the “noise” is minor and does not cover any of the text being scanned.
- Web-based PDF files often contain low resolution images (150-200 DPI) in order to reduce download/load times. In such cases, the recognition results will be useless.