Setting Expectations for InftyReader’s Capabilities
What to expect from InftyReader:
Assuming that your source documents/images meet InftyReader’s minimum requirements…
InftyReader will definitely save you a significant amount of time (and money) converting the following types of math inclusive content into LaTeX, MathML, and Word XML formats:
- Printed materials;
- Image-based content; and,
- PDF documents.
What InftyReader may not be able to do:
Unlike standard OCR technology, InftyReader’s math OCR technology, and the “artificial intelligence” engine used to recognize math characters and their accurate placements in equations and formulas, has it’s limitations.
- InftyReader will not process documents that do not meet these minimum requirements:
- InftyReader may not accurately recognize some of the almost unlimited number of script-style math fonts… although, in most cases, this should not be a problem.
- InftyReader may not recognize some rarely used font styles.
- Do not expect 100% accuracy in conversions, although, with high-quality source documents/images that meet InftyReader’s minimum requirements, this is certainly possible. For good examples of this, take a close look at our sample file library.
- Expect to have to edit your converted documents, at least, to some extent.