About InftyReader, ChattyInfty and InftyEditor
- InftyReader: An OCR System for Math Documents (115 KB Word Document)
- Important InftyReader User Guidelines (243 KB Word document)
InftyReader is an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) application that recognizes and translates image-based scientific documents (including math symbols) into LaTeX, MathML and XHTML. InftyReader can recognize tables including math expressions in the cells so long as the ruled lines are not broken.
InftyReader incorporates the use of three OCR engines. The first is InftyReader’s own OCR engine which has been designed to recognize scientific and mathematical symbols in formulae. The second and third OCR engines are from the Toshiba Corporation (ExpressReaderPro) and MediaDrive Corporation (WinReader). The ExpressReaderPro and WinReader OCR engines operate simultaneously in order to improve the recognition results of characters appearing in ordinary text areas.
InftyReader Enterprise Version License:
Important Note: In order to purchase an InftyReader Entrerprise license your organization will need to be pre-approved.
An InftyReader InftyReader license was designed for business/professional use in support of recognizing large volumes of pages. There is no limit to the number of pages that can be processed.
An InftyReader Enterprise license may be used to provide InftyReader network service to users on a campus or in one organization. It may not be used to accommodate an unlimited number of users.
An InftyReader Enterprise license may be used for the research and development purposes, e.g., extracting special functions of InftyReader such as the recognition of mathematical symbols and the recognition of math expressions assigning the specified subareas of a page imaege, etc..
For more information please read:
InftyReader cannot process gray-scale/color images or pixelated images of characters. There should also be no background colors in the images being processed. InftyReader can only process black and white images (binary images). Original images must be high resolution 600 Dots Per Inch (DPI) in order for InftyReader to work effectively. Web-based PDF files often contain low resolution images (<300 DPI) in order to reduce download and load times. In such cases, the recognition results will be useless.
InftyReader System Requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- 1 GB (or more) of system memory;
- Internet Explorer
- Note: InftyReader does not run on Windows 98, Me, or 2000.
Maximizing the Accuracy and Effectiveness of InftyReader:
- All source documents must be clearly printed.
- All images need to be “binary” images scanned at 600 DPI. InftyReader will eliminate “noise” (smudges, pencil marks, some highlights, etc.) so long as the “noise” is minor and does not cover any of the text being scanned. To get better recognition results, users are encouraged to delete all markings from documents before OCR’ing them with InftyReader.
- Adjust the binarization threshold of the scanner you are using so that the percentage of the “noisy” or broken characters is less than 1% of the total number of the characters in each scanned page image. If this is not done the accuracy of the results will be negatively impacted
About ChattyInfty Version 2 Series:
ChattyInfty is a talking math editor. It can export files into the following formats: LaTeX, HTML, MathML, Human Readable TeX (HrTeX), Word 2007, Spoken Text (entire document, current paragraph and selected text), and Word XML. Can Import files of the following types: LaTeX, image files (TIF, BMP, GIF, and PNG), and Scanner.
Important Note: ChattyInfty is an extended version of InftyEditor with a plug-in speech interface to output the content of editing data in TTS generated by InftyReader. In order to scan images into ChattyInfty, InftyReader is required. ChattyInfty can speak math expressions, accordingly to the cursor movement. It is an editor of math documents with voice output, usable by people with visually impairments.
About ChattyInfty Version 3 Series:
ChattyInfty Ver.3 series is an authoring tool of Multimedia Daisy and accessible EPUB3 eBooks.
ChattyInfty Version 2 Series was developed on top of the base code of ChattyInfty Version 2 Series. In addition to the same features as ChattyInfty 2, ChattyInfty 3.0.3 offers the following features:
- Has an easy and intuitive user-interface to edit the heading structures of documents (chapters, sections, subsections),
- Edited results can be saved as:
- DAISY2.02 with voice in SAPI5, math expressions as image
- DAISY3 (Text Daisy) with math expressions in MathML
- EPUB3 with voice in SAPI5, math expressions as image
- Users can control the reading of the texts and math expressions in different ways
- Click here to download the documentation
Please Note: We are no longer offering ABBYY FineReader
About our FineReader Plug-in for InftyReader Standard Version (Optional)
The FineReader OCR engine is now available for InftyReader Version 3 series in support of recognizing text in documents. To use FineReader in InftyReader, users should purchase a license for FineReader and install FineReaderDic below:
- Please download FineReaderDic-for-Infty.zip (about 94MB) and follow the indication in “HowToInatall.txt” included in the package.
- If you already purchased InftyReader Standard Version, and wish to purchase ABBYY Finereader as an add-on, we are going to need the serial number of your existing InftyReader app. The price of our FineReader plug-in is $300 USD for one license.
Supported languages our FineReader plug-in are: Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish. Our FineReader plug-in does not support the recognition of Japanese.
The serial key for FineReader plug-in is different from the serial number of InftyReader, and is valid on ONLY ONE COMPUTER, while the serial number of InftyReader is valid in two PC’s.
There is NO TRIAL VERSION of FineReader plug-in. We are very sorry that you can use it only after the purchase.
InftyEditor is an authoring tool of mathematical documents. It makes creating and editing mathematical expressions easy and intuitive.
Important InftyEditor and ChattyInfty Notes:
- You need to download and install our LaTeX Installation Kit to install all the components of LaTeX necessary to run InftyEditor’s/ChattyInfty’s LaTeX functions. For more detail, please see TeXSetup.txt.
- You will need to install Math Fonts in order to use InftyEditor/ChattyInfty. See the Math Fonts section below.
- InftyEditor Manual (500 KB download)
- InftyEditor List of Symbols (150 KB download)
LaTeX Installation Kit V3.0
Free! (57 MB download):
Using this installer, you can install all the packages of LaTeX required in InftyEditor’s LaTeX functions.
For more detail, please see About TeXInstaller 3.0.
To download the package file, please click the following:
- TeXInstaller Ver.3.0 fullset (about 230MB) , TeXInstaller Ver.3.0 smallset (about 90MB without documents)
Download Math Fonts:
Math fonts maybe freely downloaded from: