InftyReader Change Log
[January 21, 2017]
- InftyReader Ver.18.104.22.168
- Minor bug fixes
[December 30, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.22.214.171.124
- Bug fix. (related to the sudden process stops that have been observed for some types of images.
- Improvement of the recognition of two-column layout pages.
[December 16, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.126.96.36.199
- ChattyInfty Ver.3.0.9.a
- ChattyInfty Ver.E.2.2.8.b
- Bug fix related to LaTeX output.
[November 9, 2016]
- InftyEditor Ver.3.28a
- ChattyInfty Ver.3.08a
- ChattyInfty Ver.2.28a
- Bug fixes
[November 5, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.188.8.131.52
- Bug fixes
[October 3, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.184.108.40.206
- Update of License Authentification program to cope with the new Windows 10 update.
[September 20, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.220.127.116.11
- Bug fix related to LaTeX output
[July 16, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.18.104.22.168
- Command line use in trial mode is activated
[July 11, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.22.214.171.124
- Bug fix related to PDF recognition with “Give priority to black characters” on
[July 8, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.126.96.36.199
- Corrected a bug in the “notification function” of version upgrades
[July 2, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.188.8.131.52
- Added checkbox to enable the selection of “binarization mode” for color images
[April 21, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.184.108.40.206
- Added notification function of version upgrades
- Reduction of the issues relating to punktate images produced by the binarization of light-colored characters/images.
- Bug fix related to log Ver.220.127.116.11 output
[April 3, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.18.104.22.168
- Bug fix in Ver.22.214.171.124
[March 30, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver. 126.96.36.199
- Minor bug fix
[March 27, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver. 188.8.131.52
- Minor bug fix
[March 12, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver. 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- Bug fix related to PDF recognition. Also, add the ability to set start/end pages
[February 14, 2016]
- Bug fix of Versions 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124 This is a critical update.
[January 22, 2016]
- InftyReader Enterprise Ver.126.96.36.199
- Included a wrong “Ocrparameter.dat” which caused the selection of the language to be ignored and always set to English.
[January 4, 2016]
- InftyReader Ver.188.8.131.52
[December 31, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.184.108.40.206
- Significant improvements in PDF recognition.
- All users of InftyReader Ver.3.0 series can now upgrade to our Ver.3.1 series at no additional fee.
- Important! - All InftyReader versions released between Nov. 24 – Dec. 10, 2015 contained serious bugs related to PDF recognition and language detection. The users who installed InftyReader between these dates them are strongly urged to update their installations with InftyReader version 220.127.116.11.
[December 30, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.18.104.22.168
- From these versions forward, the one year and Standard version license/demo are the same. The difference is going to be how the license periods will be handled by the serial number.
[December 9, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.22.214.171.124
- Major version updates related to PDF recognition and clipboard image recognition. For more details please see the “WhatsNew_Ver.3.1.pdf” and “CopyAndPaseAsMath.pdf” included in the packages.
[July 12, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.126.96.36.199
- Avoid the interruption of the process at the pages of figure only.
- Bug fix related to the abnormal ends of the process at noisy lines.
[June 6, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.188.8.131.52
- Bug fix related to the abnormal ends of the process at certain types of figures.
- Improvement of the recognition of complicated fraction with wider character spacing.
- Improvement of the recognition of partially framed heading titles.
- Improvement of Math/Text segmentation for the beginning of items.
[May 4, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.184.108.40.206
- Important correction for the Enterprise edition related to the effectiveness of several extended functions.
- Correction of small invisible bugs of the normal/year edition.
[April 3, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.220.127.116.11
- Bug fix related to Russian/English area segmentation.
- Corection of the treatment of the “empty fboxes”.
- Revision of the detection of column segmentation lines (vertical lines).
[Feb. 14, 2015]
- InftyReader Ver.18.104.22.168
- Renewal of the xpdf library to extract images from PDF
- Improvement of the recognition of colored PDF using temporary gray image extraction by xpdf.
- Many small corrections related to math/text segmentation and character recognitions.
[Dec. 31, 2014]
- InftyReader Ver.3.0.8
- Revision of the subscript area detection of integral symbols.
- Bug fix concerning the hunging up caused by long sequence of cdots / ldots.
- Some other minor corrections.
[Dec. 8, 2014]
- InftyReader Ver.3.0.7
- Revision of the math/text judgnment of isolated capital letters..
- Improvement of the recognition of touched characters in italic fonts.
- Correction of a serious bug caused hunging up of the program in a certain situation.
- Correction of the mis-recognition of German capital letter A to U often observed in the previous versions..
[Nov. 16, 2014]
- InftyReader Ver.3.0.6
- Rectification of the mis-recognition of parenthesis to langle / rangle.
- Some other bug fixes.
[Sep. 1, 2014]
- InftyReader Ver.3.0.5
- Inclusion of Turkish recognition using FineReader plugin mode.
- Regulation of the binrization threshold of color/gray image before the recognition
- Examination of the distinction program between I, l and vert line in math.
- Revision of the image detection program from Japanese PDF using Ghastscript.
- Bug fix of the MathML output concerning <msub> and <munder>.in some types of expressions .
[Aug 7, 2014]
- InftyReader Ver.3.0.4
- Extension of the limit date of trial use..
- Some other Bug fixes.
[May 1, 2014]
- InftyReader Ver.3.0.3
- Improvement of text recognition with FineReader plug-in.
- Some other Bug fixes.
[March 15, 2014]
- InftyReader Ver.3.0.2
- Extended the maximum page number in one process to 300 pages (Bug fix).
- Bug fix of a problem concernig low resolution image processing.
- Improvement of display math detection algorithm.
- Improvement of the recognition of characters with fbox frame and squares.
- Bug fix or the character image saving of the “CharImageManager” included in the Enterprise version.
[Dec. 22, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 22.214.171.124
- Bug fix concerning the trial use mode time limit. (No other function is changed from the Ver. 3.0.1)
[Dec. 12, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 3.0.1
- Release of InftyReader Enterprise edition
- orrection of mis-recognition of parenthesis with thick center part to rangle or langle (Second correction).
- Bug fix of the “Color to Mono” program under the “Conversion” menu.
[Nov. 22, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 3.0 B eta8 Version
- Release of InftyReader Ver.126.96.36.199
- Bug fix of the online authentification program.
[Nov. 16, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 3.0 Beta7 Version
- Release of InftyReader Ver.188.8.131.52
- Correction of the online authentification program and messages.
[Nov 2, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 3.0 Beta6 Version
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.9.7
- Extended the maximum page number in one process to 300 pages, by saving the memory utilization.
- Reduction of sudden termination of the process caused by large math symbols in the ExpressReader OCR used in InftyReader
- Correction of the detection error of thin horizontal line of 1 pixel width (ftractional line, overline, etc.).
- Correction of mis-recognition of parenthesis with thick center part to rangle or langle.
- Recognition using manual Text/Math segmentation results by LayoutViewer. (Ver.3.0 only)
- Many other small improvements and bug fix.
[Aug 30, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 3.0 Beta5 Version
- Release of InftyReader Ver.184.108.40.206
- Bug fix concerning Math/Text decision of isolated capital letters.
- Bug fix related to Italic word detection.
- Improvement of distinction of fractional lines and underlines.
- Improvement of broken character character/symbol recognition.
[July 5, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 3.0 Beta4 Version new
- Release of InftyReader Ver.220.127.116.11 new
- Improvement of Math/Text segmentation concerning especially human names.
[June 8, 2013]
- Release of InftyReader 3.0 Beta3 Version
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.9.6
- A new algorithm is implemened to avoid the sudden termination of the recoginition process reported in the previour versions.
- (In case a user still had the same kind of trouble, please keep us informed of it with sample image file, thank you.)
- Recognition of thext areas borderd by frame boxes.
- Correction of the line break errors after equation numbers
- Prevention of the mis-recognition of special type of integral symbols into slash observed some times in the previous version.
- Improvement of broken characters in math expressions,
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.9.4
- OCR Parameter file is introduced for the custermization by users.new
Release of InftyReader Ver.18.104.22.168
- ABBY FineReader OCR engine is now available in the Ver.2.9 series of InftyReader. new
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.8.6
- Large number of recognition (Automatical separation into 100 pages unit)
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.8.4
- LaTeX output setting menu is improved.
- Setup package of the Student version is separated from the normal version.
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.8.1
- Release of student license
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.8.0
- Renewal of OCR engine (— preparation to use FineReader’s engine in the forthcoming version.),
- Capability of processing gray/color image is partially supported,
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.7
- Export to MS Word 2007(XML) is supported.
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.6.0 (Product version)
- Release of InftyReader Ver.2.4.3a (Free beta version)