InftyReader Lite: No Cost Software Released in Support of Making Math Educational Content Accessible to Students with Print Disabilities, Learning From Home, is Now Available.
In support of enabling students with print disabilities to access, otherwise, inaccessible, native PDF digital math texts, SciAccess.net and InftyReader Group are making a Lite version of InftyReader available to all. The output formats of the recognition results are the same as the standard version of InftyReader. They are:
- Text that can be read by screen reader software;
- XHTML (MathML);
- Microsoft Word (XML);
- Multimedia DAISY; and,
- ChattyBook (Audio HTML).
- This is a trial beta version freely usable until end of July, 2020. This time may be extended.
- InftyReader Lite only runs on Windows 10 computers connected to internet.
- InftyReader Lite was designed to process native/e-born PDF files only, as source documents.
- Native/eBorn PDF files are produced by authoring tools such as LaTeX system, MS Word, Adobe InDesign, etc.
- PDF files, produced using image files, are called Image PDF files. This type of file cannot be processed using InftyReader Lite. InftyReader Lite is based on a PDF parser rather than an OCR engine. It is for that reason that the character recognition results are, normally, very accurate.
InftyReader Lite Ver.1.0.0 beta 14 (115 MB ZIP File)
Updated on April 30, 2020